The Student News Site of Shadow Hills High School

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

Shadow Night At Firebirds Game Is A Celebration

Shadow+Hills+students+cheer+during+the+Firebirds+game+on+Feb.+10%2C+2024.+
Saniya Huerta
Shadow Hills students cheer during the Firebirds game on Feb. 10, 2024.

A local hockey game, big opportunities, and a financial boost for Shadow. 

Much of the Shadow Hills High School community was at Acrisure Arena on Saturday night, supporting our school. Some of the proceeds from ticket sales went back to Shadow.  

A number of the tickets were discounted to $29 which made it easier for Knights to see the game and support Shadow. Whether staff or students, Knights were seen throughout the arena, enjoying the game. Members of the dance team were even showcased on the big screen.

“It was an honor for me to accompany the Shadow Hills Dance team to support the Firebirds and fundraiser,” said junior Bianca Ortega.

Ortega also shared her thoughts on why supporting the school through the fundraiser was important. “I believe that going to the game and contributing to the fundraiser has an impact on our school community because it allows new people to try something different and attend the Firebirds game with friends and family,” she pointed out. 

Not only was there support for our school, but the Firebirds were also supporting survivors of breast cancer. Survivors were recognized and honored throughout the arena. Many people wore pink to show their support, and even the Firebirds wore pink jerseys. 

This game was filled with excitement and passion from start to finish. The Firebirds ended the game with a score of 4-0. It was a celebratory night for many Knights who were supporting the team.