The Student News Site of Shadow Hills High School

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

Iron Knights Club Builds Muscle And Community

Members+of+the+Iron+Knights+Club+lift+and+spot+during+the+weekly+meetings.+
Jessie Lopez
Members of the Iron Knights Club lift and spot during the weekly meetings.

The Iron Knights Club at Shadow Hills High School is a weight lifting club that does more than just build muscle. This club also builds knowledge of the human body, from good bodily form while lifting, to learning what your body needs to be the strongest it can.

Paul Mayfield (’25) has been in Personal Fitness for two years, so when he heard about Iron Knights he jumped at the opportunity to participate. When asked about why he wanted to join the club, he said, “I wanted to join because I enjoy working out with people I know. It’s much more convenient for me to workout while at school.”

While he has wanted to create this club for a while, long time-P.E. and personal fitness teacher Coach Benjamin was finally given the go-ahead. “It’s just to have a place for kids to come and enjoy weight lifting and introduce them to it and you know hopefully they get as much out of lifting weight as I do,” said Benjamin. “It’s been a big part of my life,” he added. 

Shadow Hills students interested in the Iron Knights can meet at 7:30 AM on Wednesdays at the stadium parking lot. Students can join their peers in the weight room to gain not only muscle, but gain friendship, a sense of belonging, and community as well.